حل واجبات الجامعة العربية 00966562743277
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

A230A: Reading and Studying Literature I

اذهب الى الأسفل

A230A: Reading and Studying Literature I Empty A230A: Reading and Studying Literature I

مُساهمة من طرف tma2015 الثلاثاء مارس 13, 2018 4:06 pm

A230A: Reading and Studying Literature I
Despite the continuous reassurance offered by the ultimate Optimist Pangloss that “we live in the best of all possible worlds,” Candide is faced by a long-standing force of evil, pain, and suffering that leads him to expose the flaws of his tutor’s philosophical teachings. After he was banished from the Baron’s castle, Candide embarks on a journey where he encounters incidents and characters that offer one example after another of evil, suffering, pain and misfortune. How is Candide’s philosophical views in Voltaire’s work Candide put to trail? How is evil depicted? Discuss several key incidents and characters Candide encounters throughout his sojourn that shake his belief in Optimism. Does Candide finally realize the flaws in the philosophy of Optimism? Does he oppose Pangloss’ views? In your view, how, if at all, does his perspective change?
Important guidelines:
1. Using the E-library may be beneficial to your essay. Make sure the sources you cite are academic.
2. Divide your essay into 5-6 body paragraphs and discuss each question in a separate paragraph with examples and quotations from the work.
3. The word count should range from 1200-1400 words.
4. Revise the final document before submitting your TMA to avoid typos and grammatical mistakes.
5. Use the Harvard style of documentation.
Helpful sources:
Braun, T.E.D. and Radner, J.B (eds) (2005) The Lisbon Earthquake of 1755: Representations and Reactons, Oxford, Voltaire Foundation.
Lewis, C. S. (2002 [1940]) The Problems of Pain, London, Harper Collins.
Voltaire (2005) [1759] Candide, or Optimism (trans. and ed. T. Cuffe, with an introduction by M. Wood), Harmondsworth, Penguin.
Voltaire (1972) Philosophical Dictionary (trans and ed. Theodore Besterman) London and New York, Penguin.

tma2015

المساهمات : 91
تاريخ التسجيل : 27/02/2015

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

- مواضيع مماثلة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى